Chicken Marsala is one of our most popular main dishes.
Here’s our recipe so you can make it at home for your family and friends.
Catering by Design’s Chicken Marsala
Total cook time 10-12 minutes
- 6oz Boneless Chicken Breast cut in thirds, slightly pounded
- Flour for dredging
- 4 medium Mushrooms, sliced
- 3oz Marsala (cooking wine from the town of Marsala in Sicily)
- 3oz Demi Glace (brown sauce will do)
- 2oz Heavy Cream
- Fresh Garlic to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
- Angel Hair Pasta, Mashed Potatoes or Risotto.
- Heat your sauté pan with 1Tbsp Olive Oil till hot (but not smoking)
- Season Chicken with Salt and Pepper
- Dredge the flour and gently shake off the excess flour
- Carefully place in the hot oil
- Cook all sides till golden brown
- Add the Mushrooms and the Garlic (You can put as much as you like, or none, whatever tastes good to you)
- Cook till the mushrooms start to wilt, careful not to burn the garlic
- Remove from the flame and add the Marsala (wine is very flammable)
- Return to the heat, bring to simmer and reduce till almost dry
- Add the Demi-Glace and Cream and reduce to desired consistency
- Serve with Angel Hair Pasta, Mashed Potatoes or Risotto
Call Catering by Design at 919-481-0883 for your next event.
We love what we do, and you will too!
Catering by Design, 132 Kilmayne Dr., Cary, North Carolina