Are you planning your first wedding and overwhelmed at all of the to-do lists, and costs associated with them? Or you find that the economic climate has dramatically changed since the last time you looked at planning a wedding reception or celebration.
The first step in planning wedding on budget is taking step back and deciding what you and your fiancée want! Just because every bridal magazine features a trend or style, doesn’t mean you have to follow it or you have to have everything. Look at what elements of your wedding matter most, and plan those items first. Then, if you decide to scale back or skip out on other details, you know you’re still getting your dream wedding.
Follow these simple 5 steps to cutting back on the cost without cutting out what you envision!
1. It’s all about location. Look for free or low cost locations. If you plan an outside or beach wedding, think about off-season deals. Or, make sure you know all of the hidden costs when booking a larger venue.
2. Use your friends and family. Consider having a friend or family member help decorate the reception hall, make flower arrangements or address invitations. It’s mean more coming from someone you love.
3. Keeping the guest list down may not be optimal. But it can keep costs down. Consider who the most important people are who should be there for your big day. Remember, you don’t have to invite everyone!
4. Handmade wedding favors or keepsakes. Instead of purchasing gifts for guests, the wedding party and family, make your own. Many brides love to include a unique and personalized touch, and you won’t break the bank. Decorative note cards, poetry, or cookies are just a few ideas.
5. Plan ahead! When we feel rushed, we often head to the store to get it off the list. Instead, give yourself enough time to shop for seasonal or holiday discounts and deals.
Catering by Design is one of the top caterers in the Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill area of North Carolina. We’re a full service caterer for weddings, social occasions and corporate events, serving the full triangle and surrounding areas including Pinehurst and Rocky Mount, Pittsboro and Fuquay Varina, Wake Forest and Carrboro. We’ve even been known to cater a wedding on the coast every so often.
Call us and find out how we can help you! (919) 481-2366.