This week many people in the southern states are watching the weather and remembering one of the worst hurricanes in US history. This year, across North Carolina, we have experienced an early heat wave and torrential storms. Which brings us to a great question, “How do I plan my wedding around the weather?”
Planning for a wedding reception is one of the first big decisions that you’ll make for your special day, and while there’s no way to know what the weather will be on your wedding day months in advance, designing alternate plans can prevent stressful moments when you should be focused on other details.
Be sure to follow these great wedding reception tips so that no matter what the weather brings, you can marry the one you love and celebrate in style!
Planning a Wedding with the Weather in Mind
• Working with your reception venue is key to making sure nothing impedes your wedding plans. In case of weather changing your wedding plans, be sure you know what contingency arrangements your wedding venue can make for you, and the fees involved.
• Outdoor receptions. If you are thinking about an outdoor reception, be sure to have a back up plan. The last thing you want is a torrential downpour while you’re cutting the cake. No matter what kind of inclement weather, be sure to make alternate accommodations for you and your guests well ahead of time.
• Beat the heat! The heat wave this summer has been brutal, and can be even worse than rain. Make sure you have indoor accommodations if you need to move the party inside or for guests who need air-conditioning, include hand-held fans as party favors, and be sure to work with your caterer to offer plenty of water.
• Changes in travel arrangements of your guests, can be last minute, and may be out of their, and your, control. Be sure to keep your caterer up to date! Work with your wedding planner or assign someone to keep an eye of the weather, so you can concentrate on what’s most important!
• Flexibility is key. Changes to wedding or reception plans may be inevitable due to extreme weather patterns, but it doesn’t have to sour your special day.
No matter what the weather decides to do, it doesn’t have to put a damper on your wedding day. With a little pre-preparation, you will be able to go with the flow and focus on you ceremony and celebration!
Catering by Design is one of the top caterers in the Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill area of North Carolina. We’re a full service caterer for weddings, social occasions and corporate events, serving the full triangle and surrounding areas including Pinehurst and Rocky Mount, Pittsboro and Fuquay Varina, Wake Forest and Carrboro. We’ve even been known to cater a wedding on the coast every so often.
Call us and find out how we can help you! (919) 481-2366.