After the wedding ceremony has come to a close, friends and family gather to celebrate your new marriage. And what better way to celebrate with some entertainment? Finding the right band or DJ can create the perfect atmosphere for your party!
Tips for Wedding Reception Entertainment
• Live band or DJ? There are many options for live bands and DJs where you live, so while you’re debating to go live or not, first consider the type of music you love. R&B, hip-hop, country, rock or classical. There’s something for everyone, so be sure it’s what you love.
• Consider the size of your guest list. Will a live band be able to entertain your guests? How much interaction will they have with the wedding party and guests?
• Noise restrictions. Be sure to ask your wedding venue if there are any noise restrictions or time limitations for entertainment.
• Typically, DJs or live bands are contracted for 3-5 hours, but if you think the party will go on through the night, be sure to inquire about staying longer upfront, both with the entertainment and the wedding venue, you can avoid costly charges or fees.
• Looking for wedding songs? Look here for a listing on first dance songs!
• From line dancing, belly dancers to Scottish gigs, some couples are incorporating local and cultural entertainment into their wedding reception entertainment. Be creative!
Many DJs are used to getting a reluctant crowd out on the dance floor, so be sure to ask a DJ what their style is, and don’t forget to give them a play list of what music to play and what songs to avoid.
Be sure your band or DJ coordinates with your wedding reception caterer for time to cut the cake and preparations for toasts! Here, at Catering by Design, we time uncorking the champagne for your toast just perfectly, so you can enjoy the celebrations!
Catering by Design is one of the top caterers in the Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill area of North Carolina. We’re a full service caterer for weddings, social occasions and corporate events, serving the full triangle and surrounding areas including Pinehurst and Rocky Mount, Pittsboro and Fuquay Varina, Wake Forest and Carrboro. We’ve even been known to cater a wedding on the coast every so often.
Call us and find out how we can help you! (919) 481-2366.