For a cool refreshing summer salad from Catering by Design in the Raleigh area of North Carolina!
Let’s start with the vinaigrette.
Combine in a bowl:
- 1/2 cup Rice Vinegar
- 1 Fine Chopped Shallot
- 1 Clove Fine Chopped Garlic
- 1/4 cup Fresh Squeezed OJ
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbls Chopped Fresh Chives
- Add 1 cup Olive Oil Slowly while whisking
- Season with Salt and Pepper
Serve with this Spinach Salad
- 8 oz of Fresh Spinach (baby spinach if you can)
- 1 pint of Sliced Strawberries
- Toasted Pine Nuts to taste
- 2 Oranges
- A Handful of Crumbled Feta, or Blue Cheese, or Chicken
- Cheese or Chicken as much as you like
- Place Fresh Spinach in a salad bowl
- Add Strawberries, Toasted Pine Nuts, and Fresh Orange Segments
- Add Crumbled Feta or Blue Cheese or Chicken
Recipe prepared by Chef Gregory Lewis owner of Catering by Design.
Chef Greg Lewis graduated from the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park NY, in 1986. He has been cooking for 27 years and has been in Bon Appetite, Gourmet and Ristorante Magazine. Greg and the Catering by Design team love catering events throughout the Triangle and beyond.
Call Catering by Design at 919-481-0883 for your next event.
We love what we do, and you will too!