Potassium is an essential nutrient. Our bodies rely on it for a wide range of functions. When you’re suffering from a potassium deficiency you can experience constipation, fatigue, kidney problems, weakness in the muscles, breathing problems, and even heart issues. So as you can see, potassium is really important. If you want to up your potassium intake with some tasty snacks then you’ll love today’s post. Keep reading to learn more. Do you need affordable Cary caterers for your next summer or fall event? Call the experts at Catering by Design today. You’ll love our selections, prices, and customer service.
According to the American Heart Association foods that are rich in potassium are important for managing high blood pressure as it reduces the effects of sodium. The more of it you eat, the more sodium you lose when urinating. This helps reduce tension in your blood vessel walls and further lowers your blood pressure.
When you’re packing up your lunch and snacks for the day or out grocery shopping this week, keep these items in mind to help you load up on this essential nutrient.
- Honeydew melon
- Raisins and dates
- Prunes and prune juice
- Fat-free or low-fat milk
- Avocado, ½ cup: 364 mg potassium (120 calories)
- Banana, 1 medium: 422 mg potassium (105 calories)
- Peaches, dried, ¼ cup: 399 mg potassium (96 calories)
- Stewed prunes, ½ cup: 398 mg potassium (133 calories)
- Apricots dried, ¼ cup: 378 mg potassium (78 calories)
- Acorn squash, cooked ½ cup: 448 mg potassium (58 calories)
- Baked potato, medium with skin: 941 mg potassium (163 calories)
- Edamame (cooked soybeans) ½ cup: 485 mg potassium (127 calories)
- Baked sweet potato, medium with skin: 542 mg potassium (103 calories)
- Grapefruit and grapefruit juice (If you’re using cholesterol-lowering drugs please check with your doctor first.)
Don’t forget to visit back with our blog often to read more helpful tips on nutrition, easy recipes, kitchen gadgets and tips, wedding trends, and more.
Best Cary Caterers for Summer and Fall 2019
If you are looking for reliable Cary caterers for your next event this summer, please call Catering by Design right now. Our highly trained team of professionals is ready to take your call or schedule your service. We’re an award winning Cary catering company that can handle events of any size.
Having a wedding? Brides and grooms love our free menu tastings! This is a free service we offer that most of our competitors charge for. Please click here to check out our menus, or call us today with any questions or to ask about our specials!